Friday, March 13, 2009

The Thursday before spring break (2/27) we had a special critique with some clark alum. They liked what I did last semester much better than this semester, because it was photographs of things they would possibly see, but overlook. So over break I shot a roll with that in mind, and voila! got great feedback. That critique made me realize I was searching for photos, not taking advantage of what was just happening. Not that I dislike the photos I made earlier this semester, but these are more... something.






In this last one, I'm in the process of taking out a window on the left, so hence black mess. I'm also considering taking out some of the yellow in it, and in the middle one.
Anymore additional feedback is always awesome and appreciated!

2 comments:

pitchertaker said...

Not clear how "seaching for photos" is really any different from "what's just happening." Both are about observation, and merely being alert to possibilities. 'Plain to me, por favor.

P'taker

Melissa said...

What I mean by 'searching for photos' is more like forcing them. Instead of observing things happening and capturing that, walking around specifically looking for photos in every little thing. I'm not saying it's a BAD thing, just not my preferred way of working. :)